ID Card Printing SolutionMypage admin
Printing Solution for industries – IDP card printer can produce various ID card and badge for a lot of industries as like corporates, governmental agencies, educational organizations and local authorities, ect.
Request for consultation
Single-sided Smart-51 (51S) can be field upgrade to a dual-sided printer (51D) or to a dual-sided laminating printer (51L) by installing a Flipper module or a Laminator module
The Smart-51 Laminating printer is good option for printing and laminating in one step to produce high-security long-life ID cards with customizable security patch films. With IDP’s patented Direct Lamination technology, the Smart-51L is the industry’s fastest “ready to print” laminator. in only 8 seconds, IDP’s laminator is ready to print and laminate your high secured cards.
SMART-31 Series value class ID card printer for everyone which is a perfect solution for printing ID cards at a low budget.
SMART-31S (single-sided), SMART-31D (dual-sided) and SMART-31R (rewritable) printer models are available.
SMART-31 Rewritable printer is an ideal solution for printing temporary information on ID cards.
High-performance large capacity ID card printer designed by the unique modular concept that can support various printer configurations to meet different user requirements.
500 cards can be continuously printed, laminated and encoded on various cards.
SMART-70 consists of 6 different modules (Input Hopper, Printer, Hybrid Flipper, Laminator, Output Hopper, Laser Engraver) that can be configured in various combinations according to different customer requirements. Required modules can be easily added to extend functions depending on your needs.
Plastic Card Printing
Plastic cards are prevalent in our daily lives, such as payment cards driver’s licenses, membership cards and employee identification badges. Their standard size, portability, and durability make them the ideal choice for many applications.
UV Panel is an advanced form of panel for security that shows a fluorescence image with UV light. It is cost-effective and easy way to protect fake cards.
Lamination uses polyester film onto a card’s surface to protect it from heat, pressure, wear, tear and to fight adhesive things. The film is applied to card at a high temperature.
In the rewritable process, the card is not personalized through the use of ribbon, but by activating a thermal sensitive foil covering the surface of plastic card. These cards can be repeatedly erased and rewritten for personalization. The most frequent usages of this function are temporary visitor’s card, bonus point cards, etc.
Encoding is one of the important functions in ID card printer. We issue ID card not only for visual identification but for storing some information. Especially, for financial purpose, many secured information are stored in cards. There are three major encoding methods such as magnetic stripe, contact IC and contactless IC. IDP Card printer supplies all kinds of encoding options together with the picture quality printing.
IDP offers an extended range of printers that will meet the identification and security requirement of all organizations.
Most of all educational organizations need student ID cards. IDP ID card printer is suitable to issue all kinds of student ID card.
Banks are establishing instant credit or debit card issuing system instead of centralized issuing system. In this case, customers do not need to wait till their financial cards are issued.
All of official ID cards have powerful security functions and abilities to fight forgery attempts, as well as wear and tear. IDP card printer provides high security function and durability.
Access Card has many objectives, including controlling access to door and gate, enabling users to sign documents electronically, and enter controlled facilities with magnetic stripe, contact and contactless smart card.
Transit cards need charge money for using public transportation for certain periods or time. It also need to be personalized to identify users.
- Check the main power switch on the backside of the SMART Printer (Press the switch ” | “)
- Check the connected state of the power cable on the backside of the SMART Printer.
- Check the connected state of the power code, adapter and the electric outlet.
- Check the adapter connected to the SMART Printer. We recommend you to use our certificated adapter. If you use an uncertificated adapter, the printing or the encoding functions may have some troubles.
- Check the installed state of ribbon into the ribbon cartridge. Please refer to “SMART Printer User Manual, Ribbon Box and Quick Guide” in the SMART Printer Box for the procedure of ribbon installation.
- After you install a new ribbon, if the SMART Printer recognizes the new ribbon, the RF Tag on the used ribbon may be broken. In this case, please contact with the local supplier that you bought our products and consumables.
※ You must use the certificated ribbon because the SMART Printer can recognize the certificated ribbon using our Ribbon Tag. If you use another brand ribbon in the SMART Printer, the SMART don’t work and it may be the reason of faults.
Please open the Input Hopper Cover and load a card or cards on the Input Hopper. When you load a card on the Input Hopper, You must not push the card into the SMART Printer inside because it may be the reason of faults.
※ Please refer to “SMART Printer User Manual”.
- Check the connected state of the USB cable to the USB port on the backside of the SMART Printer.
- Check the connected state of the USB cable to the USB port of your PC.
- Check the operating state of the SMART Printer driver in the Devices and Printers of the Control Panel. The operating state must be on-line or ready (The icon of the SMART Printer driver must be invoked).
- Please connect to another USB port in your PC.
- If this fault continues, please reinstall the SMART Printer driver.
※ If you want to use an external USB HUB for the SMART Printer, you must use an external USB HUB which has a power supplier.
- Check the card thickness control lever and adjust it to the current card’s thickness.
- Check the contaminated state of the Hopper Roller and clean it. When the Hopper Roller is contaminated, the SMART Printer may be unable to move a card into the printer.
- Check the contaminated and installed state of the Cleaning Roller, and fix and clean it.
- Check the ribbon balance using the left LED button on the front panel of the SMART Printer.
- Check the installed state of ribbon into the ribbon cartridge. Please refer to SMART Printer User Manual, the Ribbon Box and the Quick Guide in the SMART Printer Box for the procedure of ribbon installation.
- If the ribbon is snapped, you can connect snapped ribbons together using a stick tape and use the connected ribbon again.
- Check the contaminated condition of the Color In / Out Sensor because the reason of ‘Ribbon Search Error’ may be the contamination of the Color In / Out Sensor. If the Color In / Out Sensors are contaminated, you must clean it using soft cloth or an alcoholic cotton swab as the following pictures shown.
- You can connect snapped ribbons together using a sticky tape and use the connected ribbon again.
- The reasons of the snapped ribbon are as below.
- Check the size the surface condition of cards. If you use a defective card, the ribbon may be cut.
- Check the printing density (Total YMC, Black and Overlay). If the printing density is set very highly, the high heat is applied to the ribbon and it may cut the ribbon. In this case, you must adjust the printing density using the CardPrinterSetup (refer to SMART Printer User Manual).
- Check the printing position. If the printing position setting has some problems (the printing start or end position is not correct), it may be the reason of this fault.
- You must adjust the printing position using the CardPrintingSetup (refer to SMART Printing User Manual).
If you use an uncertificated adapter, the SMART Printer move a card correctly but the printing or the encoding functions may have some problems. You must use our certificated adapter.
SMART-51D, 50D & 30D are made by attaching a flipper in SMART Printer, so you have to keep the flipper horizontal with the printer. When error is occurred during a card moved to or from a flipper, you can adjust the flipper position automatically using “Auto Rotator Set” in CardPrinterSetup program (refer to the SMART Printer User Manual).